Country Bible Church is an independent, evangelical church in a suburb of Omaha, Nebraska. A church with a strong 47-year history, God is in the middle of leading our church through profound revitalization. We have witnessed more than 300 salvations in just two years. The church has grown from 300 to reaching over 1,200 lives each week through a variety of programs and ministry areas. This means that people are not only coming to knowledge of Christ for the first time, but sleepy Christians are waking up.
Please read the Worship Pastor Prospectus and Learn More
This is an exciting role for someone desiring to come in to a new context, teach about worship as a lifestyle, express their artistic ability, and ultimately create experiences where God is revered. We’re looking for vibrant and compelling worship leadership.
Our candidate has an abiding love for God, drawing others to this love. Their breadth, depth, and experience of God is palpable and transferable. Our worship pastor acknowledges that everyone’s spiritual act of worship encompasses the entirety of their life, is exercised both intellectually and experientially, and ultimately is the purpose of the Church’s existence. It is to that end the Worship Pastor is motivated to create environments where Christ is encountered and lives are changed forever.
Gifts & Abilities
- Draws people into both an emotional and cognitive connection to God through worship.
- Creates environments and atmospheres where people are freed up to worship God through Christ as they are called, led, and feel comfortable (contemplatively, hands raised, bended knee, etc.).
- Unafraid to make room for the HS to move in group contexts. Allows space for God to speak expectedly, though unexpectedly.
- Creative & artistic with an eye for dynamic staging and lighting.
- Organized, detail oriented, planner.
- Manage projects and tasks well without doing everything on their own. As a growing church, projects abound at CBC and you shouldn’t be alone in the tasks that are handed off to you.
- Can delegate by handing off work to volunteers and empowering others to join in the fun. If you’re alone on a project, it’s your fault.
- Has a solid grasp of church systems.
- Guides and mentors both paid and unpaid staff well.
- Passionate about worship, worship creation, their role and discipling others in that role.
- Musically and instrumentally gifted.
- Can think critically about worship.
- Team Player: does not silo off the Worship Department but operates with an awareness their ministry is a part of the broader whole that makes up CBC.
- Highly relational: love, love, loves people and being a positive contributor to our great staff culture and local community.
- Primary Worship Leader and Chief Musician.
- Plan weekly Sunday worship experiences for our Sunday AM Celebration Services in collaboration with the staff at CBC and the volunteer worship team.
- Ensure worship is aligned with sermon themes and topics.
- Recruit capable worship leaders/volunteers to be active members of the worship team.
- Engage and disciple members of the worship team so that they remain motivated and inspired to lead others into a deeper relationship with Jesus.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination between the Worship Department and other ministry departments happens. You are not a silo ministry.
- Supervise the technical team including the maintenance/acquisition of music and technology equipment.
- Recruit and train technical team volunteers.
- Schedule members of the worship team 2-3 months in advance.
- Run weekly rehearsals.
- Oversee Sunday Schedule & Sunday Announcements Schedule
- Over communicates your needs, the needs of the Worship Department, and the needs of your volunteers so that the Worship Department is always resourced appropriately.
- Cross-pollinate with other ministries (i.e. lead worship at a youth gathering once ever 4-5 weeks to promote unity and keep things fresh).
- Attend all staff functions: meetings, dinners, retreats, social gatherings, etc.
- Participate in the community life of CBC. (i.e. Have conversations in the hall before and after Sunday services).
- Turn up for all big church events.
- 3-5 years of experience in a contemporary midsize—to—large church.
- Knowledge of contemporary & traditional worship desired with the ability to blend the two if needed.
- Ability to lead musically and vocally from guitar and/or keys.
- Bachelor’s degree ideal.
- Stage design experience desired.
- Video editing proficiency a plus.
- Adept with multiple worship technology platforms required.
- Thrives being a part of a community where hunting, fishing, backpacking, hiking, and water sports are cherished.
APPLICANTS: to be considered for this role you MUST create a profile on Kingdom Candidates AND apply here. Please submit videos of you leading worship along with your resume. You do not need to complete the questionnaire to apply. Simply create your profile, "search jobs" and "apply". Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject heading "CBC Worship Pastor") if you feel you must skip the desired application route.